Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 3--Blog 1--Using Wordle

I attended a workshop on Thursday and found out about a great new resource for use in my classroom.  That resource is Wordle. http://www.wordle.net

This is a phenomenal way to introduce a unit or lesson or even a fun way to review for an upcoming test.  I am very excited about getting to create word clouds for my classroom.  I can't even imagine how excited my students are going to be!

I used my blog as the text for my first word cloud and below is the cloud I made.














*This image is compliments of www.wordle.net.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, was very excited when I first discovered wordle.net. Knowing your subject matter, I think your students will love to use it.
    One thing that struck me about wordle was the way it made me look at the text differently. It is this aspect that I feel would really benefit students. Sometimes, when faced with a challenging poem or passage in literature, it helps to gain a new perspective, however, that can be a daunting task. I think Wordle can help in that respect. Because it rearranges and highlights different words it may create that new perspective some students need to make a breakthrough.
    Thanks for reminding me of this great tool!

    ReplyDelete